Illinois Chemical Education Foundation
Open to All Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Majors and High School Chemistry Teachers
The Illinois Chemical Education Foundation (ICEF), administered by the Chemical Industry Council of Illinois (CICI), invites you to apply for a $2,000 Scholarship Award. ICEF presents a number of scholarship awards each year to Illinois residents at the undergraduate level. We welcome all applications for ICEF scholarships.
Please submit the following information postmarked no later than Friday, February 21, 2014, and received no later than Wednesday, February, 26, 2014.
• Name, address (with zip code), and telephone number only; please have this on a separate sheet of paper
• Official college transcript including GPA with scale
• Two letters of recommendation are required from instructors or professors in chemistry, physics, biochemistry or chemical/environmental engineering
• A one-page essay on: "What is your major motivation for engaging in your current field of study, and why do you think that’s important"
• List of extracurricular activities, including community service, awards and accomplishments, and employment/work experience
The information should be put together in a complete packet and sent to:
ICEF/Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
1400 E. Touhy Ave.
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Undergraduate Scholarship applicants must be an Illinois resident enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (i.e. junior college, community college, four-year undergraduate institution) located in Illinois. We encourage all eligible students to apply for this prestigious scholarship. There is no limitation on the number of students that may apply at each school. This is not a scholarship for post graduate education. If you have previously won this award you cannot reapply.
Winners will be notified by mail. The ICEF Scholarship Awards will be presented at our 57th Annual Scholarship Luncheon. Be sure to include a return address and a contact telephone number with your application!
Additional information on the Scholarship Program and ICEF can be found on our website at www.cicil.net.