2013 Illinois Chemical Education Foundation
$2,000 High School Senior Scholarship Application
Future Chemists, Chemical Engineers, Environmental Engineers or High School Chemistry Teachers
The Chemical Industry Council of Illinois, through the Illinois Chemical Education Foundation (ICEF) presents a number of $2,000 scholarships each year to top high school senior science students. We welcome all applications for the ICEF scholarships.
The ICEF’s objective is to recognize and honor high school seniors who have exemplified outstanding achievement in academics, extracurricular/employment activities and community involvement.
Please submit the following information postmarked by Thursday, February 28, 2013, and received no later than Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
• Name, address (include zip code), and telephone number only on a cover page
• Official high school transcript including grade point average with scale
• Rank in high school class
• ACT/SAT/PSAT scores (Either through Official transcript or from the ACT)
• Two letters of recommendation from teachers, including one science teacher
• A one page essay on "How the study of chemistry will impact the applicant’s future and/or chosen career"
• List of extracurricular activities, including community service, awards and accomplishments, and employment/work experience
Do not include photographs, certificates, folders, or binders with your application. Please DO NOT staple the papers together.
The information should be put together in a complete packet and sent to:
ICEF/High School Scholarship Award Committee
1400 E. Touhy Ave.
Des Plaines, IL 60018
All submitted materials become property of the Illinois Chemical Education Foundation
Please Note: Only chosen applicants will be notified.
High School Scholarship applicants must be an Illinois resident and planning to attend a post-secondary educational institution (i.e. junior college, community college, four-year undergraduate institution) located in Illinois. We encourage all eligible students to apply for this prestigious scholarship. There is no limitation on the number of students that may apply at each school.
The ICEF Scholarship Awards will be presented at our 56th Annual Scholarship Luncheon. Be sure to include a return address and a contact telephone number with your application!
Additional information on the Scholarship Program and ICEF can be found on our website at www.cicil.net or by contacting the ICEF at 847-544-5995.